Bhopal Police Open to Second Autopsy in Twisha Sharma Death Case Amid Growing Questions

Twisha Sharma

Twisha Sharma

Bhopal Police Commissioner Sanjay Kumar said authorities have no objection to a second post-mortem in the Twisha Sharma death case as the family continues demanding an independent forensic examination.

Twisha Sharma
Twisha Sharma

May 21, 2026 | Bhopal

The death of Twisha Sharma, a 33-year-old woman found hanging at her matrimonial home in Bhopal, has triggered fresh controversy after city police said they have no objection to a second autopsy if permitted by the court. The case has drawn nationwide attention amid allegations of dowry harassment, investigative lapses and mounting pressure for an independent probe.

Bhopal Police Commissioner Sanjay Kumar stated that Twisha’s family had approached the police seeking another post-mortem examination, preferably at AIIMS Delhi. According to the police chief, the application has been attached to the official case diary and the final decision now rests with the judiciary.

Twisha Sharma, originally from Noida and reportedly married in December 2025, was found dead at her residence in Bhopal’s Katara Hills area earlier this month. Police later registered a case against her husband Samarth Singh and mother-in-law Giribala Singh under charges linked to dowry death and harassment. Authorities confirmed that teams have been formed to trace and arrest the husband, who remains absconding.

The victim’s family has repeatedly alleged irregularities in the investigation and claimed that injury marks visible on Twisha’s body were either ignored or inadequately reflected in the first autopsy report. Reports also indicated that the alleged ligature material was not presented before the medical board during the post-mortem process, raising further questions over forensic handling.

Meanwhile, a Bhopal court reportedly declined the plea for a second autopsy at AIIMS Delhi, citing jurisdictional limitations, though it directed authorities to preserve the body properly for future legal proceedings. The National Commission for Women has also sought a detailed report from the Madhya Pradesh government regarding the investigation.

Social media Handles :
Instagram
Youtube
Facebook
Twitter

Also Read- Pune

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *